Friday, January 23, 2009

Chemo Week #18

On Wednesday Jenna was treated with doxorubicin, the drug that supposedly causes all the side effects for which chemo drugs are notorious. Jenna is totally oblivious, though, and is bouncing off the walls in the absence of her usual off-leash walks. The vet says we aren't supposed to take her to the park for 72 hours after chemo, and we really do try to be obedient. I think it's as much for other dogs' protection as her own - apparently her saliva, urine and feces are, like, radioactive or something. We're not even supposed to let her lick us, but we do. I figure if she can have this stuff in her veins, it's not gonna kill me to have it on my hands for a few seconds.

So until tomorrow night, Jenna will just have to chill in the house. She lives a life of extreme deprivation, as you can see.


2 comments:

HandH said...

She certainly looks like she's having a hard life! Hope she's continuing to do well :-)

Anonymous said...

I don't know if my last post made it, so I'll try again. My apologies if I create a duplicate.

What a spirit you have Jenna!! That lymphoma is no match for you. Thank you, Cheryl, for being so honest in sharing the costs for treatment in your previous post. Information is power for anyone else out there struggling to make the same decision.

A virtual belly rub to Jenna! And hugs to your Mom and Dad.