Thursday, January 8, 2009

Chemo Week #16

Yesterday marked week #16 of Jenna's chemo protocol - vincristine this time. We have 5 more treatments to go. Jenna "the Tank" is fine, as usual, so there's not much to report (thankfully).

I am carless this week, as hubby is out of town and has taken our only set of functional wheels, so we made arrangements for Jenna's grandpa to deliver her to the clinic and collect her when the chemo was done. He managed the whole process like a seasoned dog owner, and is, I think, well on the way to getting a furry friend of his own. We just have to convince grandma that this is a good idea. I think grandpa and I have decided that a nice yellow Labrador would be just the thing. Isn't that right, Mom-in-law? ;)

3 comments:

Emily and the Labradors said...

Way to go Jenna! Maggie was actually taken to more than half her chemo appointments by her grandparents too because I couldn't get the time off of my job. It was so funny to think of my parents (who have only had small dogs) walking around with the 80 pound beast! They did such an excellent job too!

Cheryl said...

I know, it is funny isn't it? Jenna's grandparents (on her Dad's side, anyway) don't have any critters at all, so it was very good of them to deal with Jenna, who is also 80 lbs and pulls like a John Deere.

Life With Dogs said...

You are doing a wonderful job of caring for her. You should be proud!