Thursday, November 13, 2008

Chemo Week # 9

Yesterday morning I dropped Jenna off at the vet for chemo. While the receptionist dutifully asked me questions like "has she had any diarrhea or vomiting?", "is she eating well?", and "how is her energy level?", Jenna alternated between attempting to launch herself at an animal health technician of whom she is particularly fond, jumping up to stand at the counter so she could lick the receptionist, and making sorties towards the cookie jar. I was unable to sign the treatment authorization form until someone came out to take her from me. When we got her home at the end of the day, she went straight for her bowl, as usual. She's doing so well that most of the time, I forget she even has cancer.

3 comments:

HandH said...

Well, she seems lively enough! Way to go, Jenna!

Anonymous said...

Your dog is a real sweetheart.

And she laughs in the face of lymphoma, to boot!

I'm so happy to hear Jenna is doing this well.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by my place. I'm so sorry to hear about Jenna's fight with lymphoma. And to read about you losing your handsome Harlem earlier this year. What strength you have to go through all that!!

Jenna is such a beauty, too. We will keep you and Jenna in our thoughts at our house as we journey along with your blog.

Take care.