Thursday, November 20, 2008

Chemo Week #10

Well, yesterday was week 10 - doxorubicin. This drug makes me a bit nervous because it can cause heart problems. Also, if it accidentally gets into her skin or muscle tissue (as opposed to into the blood vessels, where it's supposed to go), it causes tissue death. As usual, though, Jenna had no problems.

In fact, the clinic was doing pet pictures with Santa in support of our vet's Rwanda charity, and the vet insisted that Jenna stay after her treatment to have her picture taken. I wish to stress that we are not normally the sort of people who pretend our dog is a child or that she enjoys the same things that children do. (I once saw a young woman pushing a Shih-Tzu, which was wearing a fussy little dress, in a stroller. I was vaguely disturbed by this.) But anyway, when the vet who is giving you huge dicounts on your chemo wants you to stay for Santa pictures, you stay for Santa pictures. Therefore, I will soon be posting a ridiculous picture of my dog wearing reindeer antlers and sitting beside Santa. I don't think Jenna minded anyway - as long as she gets a cookie, she doesn't care what you do to her.

No comments: